12th October 2015 Posted by - Financial Adviser in Derby
Are you an employer and would like to offer your staff a ‘death in service’ benefit as well as save nearly 50% tax? Then a Relevant Life Policy may be what you are looking for.
As you are probably aware, many companies offer their employees a ‘death in service’ benefit which would pay out a lump sum to the employee’s family if they die while they’re employed. A Relevant Life Policy offers a similar benefit.
- This benefit will only usually suit companies with more than 5 employees, it’s a tax efficient way of arranging life cover for your employees because it’s a tax-deductible business expense and there’s no National Insurance contributions to pay.
- Depending on the provider you choose and the type of plan they could be rewarded for living a healthier lifestyle and obtain discounts at the same time. A healthier and fitter employee is less likely to take time off work with illness and is more likely to be productive.
- This type of policy is available to companies of all sizes and on an individual basis
- Offering this benefit with employment may help attract and retain staff
Benefits for Employees
- A cash lump sum would be paid on death to the family or on diagnosis of a terminal illness
- Rewards for making healthier choices as well as benefits and discounts with big name retailers plus weekly perks
- Tax Efficient – there’s no Income Tax or National Insurance contributions to make on premiums
- Any benefits are not subject to Income or Inheritance Tax
- It doesn’t count as a retirement benefit and so won’t affect the Lifetime Pension Allowance
If you think that this is something you’d like to offer your employees, you’d like to find out more information or you’re an employee and you’d like us to get in touch with your employer about this, simply complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.